- When do we need progressive lenses?
Progressive lenses are a good option for people about 40 years and older. When we become older we lose the ability to see at all distances, especially to see from near distance (reading, DIY etc.). If you decide to use progressive lenses you won’t need to buy several pairs of glasses.
- Are anti-reflection glasses for everyone?
Initially glasses with anti-reflection (AR) were recommended only for people working on the computers. Over time, the awareness of the role of AR coating increased and caused that it is recommended for everyone who wears glasses, independently of their purpose.
- Are glasses from chemist’s good?
Dear customers, corrective lenses are a medical device created individually for each of you. They are based on:
– the power of lenses (most people who wear glasses suffer from anisometropia i.e. the right eye requires different power than the left eye)
– the setting of optical lenses centre according to the pupillary distance?
(We have various types of asymmetries in relation to vertical and horizontal axis). Looking in the mirror, pay attention to how the right eye is set according to the left one.
- Can everyone wear contact lenses?
Generally, contact lenses are for everyone. However, there is a group of people who should be treated with special care by an ophthalmologist.
- How do we choose safe contact lenses?
Contact lenses will be safe only when it is adjusted for the first time by an ophthalmologist, optometrist or refractionist at the optician’s.
- What kind of glasses do we choose for children?
The children are specific customers. While they are selecting glasses they should be treated with special care and the optician should pay attention to the details. Professional optician should try to create atmosphere that the first or the second visit at the optician’s won’t be an unpleasant memory. Parents who come to the optician’s with a child to select frames and corrective lenses often don’t have any experience therefore the professional staff is so important.
- Is the eye examination painful?
The eye examination doesn’t hurt. It only requires the patient cooperation with the doctor. On the basis of patient’s answers the lenses will be selected.